Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Great new trend in PVP Videos

Like every other aspiring EVE pvp'er I on occasion watch one of the awesome Garmon or kil2 or Kovorix or Prometheus Exenthal videos to see how it is supposed to be done. I am not bad at this game. I can fly around 0.0 or low-sec just like they do. I can warp to 0 at ease. Gate camps.... I see them all the time. Sometimes I even impress myself by cleverly landing in a belt just as the hauler warps off.

The difference is that, while I run away or die at the gate.... they seem to have a different outcome. Why is it that my armor repper seems to be completely overwhelmed by incomming damage, while they have to turn it off on occasion to fool the massive enemy fleet that they are taking on solo into thinking that he is close to going down? Why is it that I find myself webbed well out of range of a rapier, while they seem to effortlessly sling themselves right at it and land a scram?

Fortunately the answers to these questions is starting to become more apparent. While in the past most EVE videos were accelerated playbacks of good fight after good fight, we are starting to see a bunch of videos that pause the action and actually explain what the heck they were thinking and how they do it.

Let's go over some of the best....
First we have Kil2 and Kovorix's Bringing Solo back youtube channel. They have a bunch of great winning, and more usefull, loosing fights complete with commentary. Good stuff.

The other big one is the EVE is EASY site put up by AT IX winning Genos Occidere pilots Garmon, Duncan Tanner and Will Adama. Very detailed information complete with maps, a lot of pausing, and a lot of thought. I really like this site. My only complaint, if you could even call it that, is that since they pause the action so much you don't realize just how fast paced the engagements are. These pro's really can think through all the tactical scenarios faster than I can start powering back to the gate. Great stuff.

Also worth looking at, especially for beginners are the videos being put up by Agony Unleashed as supplimentals to the PVP BASIC instruction that they (and I as a member of AU) offer. The two videos so far, one on tracking and spirraling, the other on the all important directional scanner, are signs of good things to come. Great work!

No comments:

Post a Comment