So after one year of scram web talking about all things EVE, I am now quitting EVE. This last expansions is an abomination.
Yup I am EMO-RAGE-QUITTING EVE.
I can barely play the new patch. The only way I can is to turn off the station environment and see the big FUCK YOU ASSHOLE BUY A $500 NVIDIA SYSTEM screen.
I loved EVE. It was a huge part of my life. Almost every day I played. I ignored my wife, my kids and my work at times to play. NO MORE. EVE IS DEAD TO ME.
I could go on about the reasons but there really is no point, everyone already knows. CCP is a shit company. They really are. Just read the 'Greed Is Good' internal memo to get an idea of what they think of you. They think they have about 300k people hooked on a drug that is EVE and are pushing for all that they can. As of today I am no longer one of them.
So Scram Web is no longer an 'EVE Online Blog'. I may use it to talk about other things in the future. But EVE is done.
I would like to thank all the friends I have made with other players over the years. I will always have my heart in Agony Unleashed and wish them all the best in the future. BDEAL, I hardly knew you but it was fun while it lasted.
I will probably be giving some of my stuff away over the next few weeks until my account expires in July but I will be keeping the character just in case CCP ever gets a clue.
EDIT: Lets go over the issues:
1. Special graphics for NVIDIA only. Sorry 50% of customers using ATI.
2. Ridiculous prices for monocle and other in game bling. Pure profiteering!
3. 'If we stop mining bots the economy will crash... therefore we won't stop mining bots' ... paraphrased from their chief economist
4. Captains quarters (CQ) requiring a huge jump in system requirements.
5. If you turn off captainst quarters you get a nice image of a door... that is all. You can't even see what ship you have let alone have something that looks like the old hanger.
6. Lets charge everyone in the community (which would have included things like project hallibut) $99 for making the EVE community the best in the gaming world. Seriously, charge Chribba money for the services he provides the EVE community.
7. CQ only being released in Minmattar
8. CQ being single avatar only...
9. CQ providing pretty much zero usefull functionality
10. Failure to broadcast or even announce on the radio the first two weekends of the Alliance Tournament
11. Forum Security Failures
12. New Maller skin in 2011. New Scorpion skin in 2009. Not exactly improving the graphics of ships that people actually fly. Maybe do the Drake, Hurricane, Rifter or Hulk next so that people will actually see the new ship models.
13. Avatars have not nearly the customizations in looks from pre-Incursions
14. Incursions his-sec mechanics causing fleets to be obliterated by CONCORD due to friendly fire.
15. Super-capitals ONLINE. Supercarriers have killed 0.0 even more then the old Titans did.
16. No X-Box or PC version of DUST514.
17. No new PvP ships since Apocrypha.
18. No promised non-cruiser T3
19. Missing industrial T3 subsystem (or something like that)
20. Years and Years of acknowledging the need to fix Hybrids... nothing done.
More later when I feel like typing some more.