Saturday, January 14, 2012

Taranis 2.1

So I fit up another Taranis like the first. This time I wasn't going to be a tard fly it properly. The only change I made to the fitting was instead of hobgoblin IIs I went with 2 light ECM drones. Since I am pushing well over 200 dps with my blasters, the 30 dps or so from the drones is not going to make near as much of a difference as jamming the enemy ship would. At least that is the plan.

Again I left Jita and ended up in that hole of a system called Amamake. Amamake is basically a frigate PvP paradise. Show up in a frigate and if you can't get a fight... you are doing it wrong.

The Hunt
After chasing a few things another Taranis with the name of 'Taranis vs' showed up on scan. I found it sitting on a station. After staring at it for a minute or two (I couldn't shoot it since he his sec status was only -1.1, I headed to a faction war plex and waited for him to follow. About a minute after landing, I was about to give up when he suddenly appeared on grid. As soon as I managed to lock him I opened fire and launched my drones. I lost about 3 seconds to the pop up notification warning me that this was a dangerous action, but I still managed to get my first shot off 4 seconds before him. Overloading my NOS and my repper, I quickly burnt through his shields and armour. He did the same to me. I overloaded my guns and finally he went down as I was in 22% structure. My drones never landed a jam.

GFs in local and a quick chat afterwards. He was a bit perplexed as this was his anti Taranis fit. However he did admit to a serious error. As he landed on me he hesitated before locking me as I had a positive sec status and wasn't sure if I was going to light him up. Never land on a target in low-sec or 0.0 and then start pondering if you want the fight or not. He was committed when he warped after me. Pausing may have cost him the fight.

All in all I was please with my tactics here. There were couple of things I could have done better though.

1. Overload guns from the start
2. I mashed locking him up as he was warping in over and over. Sometimes it seems that when you fail to lock so many times there is a delay as you flood the network with messages. I think I could have locked him a second or two earlier if I was less aggressive.
3. Turn off the damned criminal act notification.

2012.01.13 22:34:00

Victim: panteknicon
Corp: Tribal Liberation Force
Alliance: Unknown
Faction: Minmatar Republic
Destroyed: Taranis
System: Amamake
Security: 0.4
Damage Taken: 2675

Involved parties:

Name: Toterra (laid the final blow)
Security: 0.00
Corp: Walking Dead Pilots
Alliance: None
Faction: None
Ship: Taranis
Weapon: Light Neutron Blaster II
Damage Done: 2675

Destroyed items:

Light Electron Blaster II
Small Trimark Armor Pump I, Qty: 2
Small 'Accommodation' Vestment Reconstructer I
Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 506 (Cargo)
Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 270
Warp Scrambler II
100mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I
Stasis Webifier II
Small 'Knave' Energy Drain

Dropped items:

1MN Afterburner II
Light Electron Blaster II, Qty: 2
Federation Navy Antimatter Charge S, Qty: 135
Damage Control II

No comments:

Post a Comment